Hobby House
As a painter and an art lover , I could’ve said that painting is my hobby, but it’s not. Painting is much more than that to me , it’s my love, that’s why I can’t just call it a hobby , since I’ve also worked as a professionist ,taking part in exhibitions and competitions. What I would define as a hobby to me, is astronomy .
When I was a very young girl , every night ,I used to sit outside and stare at the sky for hours with my father. I was amazed by the sky and everything in it. My father used to explain me everything about the universe , about stars and planets. I was very curious and always in search of new things. Watching every single documentary about astronomy and reading different encyclopedias, I was able to somehow understand how the universe works. No words can describe my love for the sky , my dream had always been to become an astronomer and work in NASA. Life circumstances led me to different roads and my NASA dream remained just a dream. But I’ll never give up on studying and learning new things about universe.
Honestly , I never liked architecture , I was obligated to study architecture since it was more interesting than any other opportunity I had. Well, at least as an architect I can create my own place to be as close to the sky as possible, which is a positive thing. To have such a house that fulfills the needs of an astronomy lover , the first thing you should keep in mind is the place where it’s going to be built . It must be a place as far as possible to the city , since the city lights kill the light of the stars and they cannot be seen anymore. That’s why all the observatories are built in desserts or forests. I would choose a forest , since I’m not so tolerant to sun and hot weather. I’m in love with Finnish nature and forests , so the forest should be like a Finnish one.  A lake nearby it’s not of a functional necessity , but I would love a lake near my house. That’s all about the surrounding , a Finnish type forest with a lake nearby.

This house needs to resemble to a galaxy , specifically a spiral one. A spiral galaxy usually has two arms rotating in different directions and it’s center. The shape of the house must be the same and in the center it’s going to be a big dome made of glass. There’re going to be telescopes in that room and other sky surveyors. The house it’s going to have two towers placed at the ends of the “spiral galaxy” , and each of them is going to have a glass dome. The upper part will be also made of glass. As I said , the most important thing is the light coming from above , not only for the astronomy , but also for painting. The cooking and eating area will be beneath the main dome (hobby area) and living area will be beneath this last one. So, there will be 3 floors in the center of the “galaxy” house.  In the two arms of it, there will be two sleeping areas for each , two bathrooms , one painting studio in one side and another guitar playing place on the other side. The rest of it it’s going to have libraries and small living rooms. So ,this is a general idea on my hobby house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog